Thursday, December 10, 2009

a murder of crows
suddenly blacken the desert sky
echoing squaks
omniscent warnings
what do they imply?

is something coming?
I watch the birds fly by.

A congress of ravens
now flock above me
watchful black eyes
the ravens are wise
What is it they see?

Something is coming...
I watch the birds fly by.

A wake of vultures
approach and cirlcle overhead
the message is clear
this time it's not a sign
I am already dead

Nothing is coming.
I cannot watch the birds fly by.

3 comments:

  1. My dear, I love your work. I was wondering if you would be interested in exchanging links with my blog, http://mellifluoustones.blogspot.com/. If you are please contact me at hrkwood@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and therefore leading my to yours.

    Your poetry is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a bit dark and creepy but beautiful, gabriela. i imagined a scene in a suspense or horror movie. you did a great job.

    thanks for stopping by at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete