Thursday, September 24, 2009

He Was a Poet

He was a poet
a renaissance man to some degree
artist of spoken word,
philosopher, published novelist and emcee.

A divine inspiration
He meant the world to me

He was a character
brilliant and unique
cluttered mind, rambling thoughts
he would mumble when he would speak,

ignored and misunderstood
some saw him as a freak

He was delusional,
but he saw the world so clearly
poetic randomness,
he had a mind boggling philosophy

lost and inebriated,
he escaped from a so called reality

he was calm and tranquil
but also edgy and stressed
he was joyful,
but looking back, he may have been depressed

he'd pop an upper, down a downer
anything to fix his deep unrest

uncertain,
I must believe that he chose his death
he is missed,
much more than I ever could have guessed

he was my first love
and to have loved him I am blessed



Carina Fosse
-08-05-2009-

1 comment:

  1. very cool poem thought it was about me at first. This somethin I would've written. Thanks for checking out my blogg

    ReplyDelete