Friday, June 12, 2009

May-Be

May-be

Now that the love is gone
now that we've done so much wrong
now that we can't get along
now we just seem to carry on.
I don't really know
what the hell I saw in you,
actually, I do know...
but, I doubted that it was true.

My friends saw you differently
no one could see what you may-be
but may-be,
may-not-be good enough for me.

We did have so much fun,
it really was one hell of a run
our harmony, our passion, our drive
is not dead, but it may-be done.

My friends may-be right
it may-not-be real
because I seem to love you less
when your out of sight.

I know that our love was blind
I know we can't rewind
I know that we shouldn't even try
but by my nature, I feel inclined.

I am rather happy not loving you
settling with my doubts
as truths
but, there still may-be something special about you.

Yes, it's definitely over
I need this to be done
but, I can't give you the cold shoulder
or let you feel like you have won.

I will not embrace you
I will never try to disgrace you
Though my mind will hopefully displace you
but, my heart will never erase you.

So, If you ever look behind,
keep in mind that a friend like me
may-be hard to find.

I'm here for you, if you need
I truly want you to succeed
and I do hope
someday,
you may-be what I need

for you,
your son
and for me

..........may-be


Carina Fosse

No comments:

Post a Comment